What kind of stabilizers do I need?

Plate-Mounted Stabilizer Info

Almost any kind of mass produced, off-the-shelf board* is going to use plate-mounted stabilizers. Keyboards such as the Drop Alt, GK61, RK61, Keychron,  etc. will use plate-mounted stabilizers.

For plate mounts, the Durock or Joininkeys plate-mounted stabilizer kits will be what you need. Each kit is good for up to a TKL sized board, anything larger will require more stabilizers so be sure to figure out how many you need.

PCB Screw-in Stabilizer Info

For almost any DIY keyboard that you would get from a group buy, that is more bespoke and higher end than a mass produced board, it's most likely going to be using PCB screw-in stabilizers.

For these, we recommend the Durock V2 or Tecsee PCB screw-in stabilizer kits.

*The GMMK Pro is one of the few mass produced boards that uses PCB screw-in stabilizers. As always, please be sure to check with your manufacturer before purchasing if you are not sure what kind of stabilizers you need

Contact Us

Not finding what you're looking for? Contact Us Directly